The excitement that comes from downloading your digital photos can dissipate quickly as you discover the shots you took were not so great after all. But then, that’s what Photoshop is for.
But if you haven’t mastered this powerful digital image editing software yet, you’re in for a bumpy, if not totally frustrating ride ahead. With so many options to choose from in Photoshop and procedures that require you to follow “the rules”, it’s easy to get lost. It’s easy to spend hours tweaking and re-tweaking your photo only to find you have to scrap the whole project anyway because you just can’t figure out how to do what you want to do.
So where can you turn for help?
I think at this point in time, Google is everyone’s first choice when they want to find information. Simply type into their search box whatever you are trying to do, for example: “photoshop how to remove red-eye”. I just tried that phrase and got 380,000 possible ways to remove red-eye and it only took .22 seconds. The only problem with that is, I will spend the next hour clicking on and trying different methods. One sure thing about Photoshop, if you ask 10 people HOW to do something, you’ll likely get 10 different answers.
The greatest thing about YouTube is you get to see someone actually do what you want to do. They have a search engine there, so again I type in, “photoshop how to remove red-eye”. This time I get 51 possible choices. 51 videos to watch and learn and try for me. Again, the same problem as the original Google search only with fewer options to try. With all the different versions of Photoshop and all the different skill levels displayed on YouTube, I know I can succeed in removing the red-eye, but it could still take quite a while to watch 51, 5-minute videos.
Many online “gurus” are offering programs to teach you Photoshop. You buy their books on PDF, follow along with their videos, or receive their CD or DVD in the mail. While it beats sitting through an adult learning course at your local school, you’ll still be investing a lot of time and money in learning “stuff” you may never use. Why endure the expense and time required to learn a lot, when you can get just what you want more simply? Ultimately, without good notes, you still won’t find the information you need, when you need it, although you know you have it somewhere.
Your local library will no doubt contain several books on mastering Photoshop. Only trouble is, you’ll have to read and return the book. Photoshop is one of those things where if you don’t use it, you lose it. It’s hard to remember all the steps and procedures if you only use them infrequently. You could buy the book at the bookstore, but really, how many times do we open a book these days for reference? See #1.
There are millions of photographers on this planet. One thing for certain is they all want to know what everyone else is doing. We’re constant learners, always looking for that next great tip to make our shots easier or more creative. A quick Google search of “photoshop forums” nets me 494,000 possible forums to look at for answers to previously asked questions. While I might meet a group of photogs I’d like to hang with long-term, it’s likely there are better places for getting my photo fixed before bedtime tonight.
Tip cards are my favorite resource when it comes to getting fast results. For hundreds of years, folks have used recipe cards to turn a bunch of kitchen ingredients into a delicious finished product. Isn’t that essentially what we’re trying to do with Photoshop? Aren’t we trying to take a bunch of computer commands and turn them into a great finished photograph? Yes, we are! The great thing about these tip cards, or “photoshop recipe cards” is they sit right beside your computer for easy reference. You know what you want to do, you pull that cards from the deck and get to work. In just minutes you’re finished. You can find a lot of TIP CARDS on our website!
Nothing beats the feeling you have when you finally rescue your hum-drum photograph from Dullsville and turn it into something great. Having the right Photoshop tools and tips at your disposal can make all the difference between photographs that proudly hang on your wall, or pictures that never get printed at all.
Whether for personal or business reasons, many people have a website these days. But, the most common problem they face is coming up with an eye-catching design for their website. With some helpful advice, like what you are about to read, a site can look better than ever imagined.
To help beginning web designers create a good-looking site you should use Photoshop. There are also programs that will allow you to design pages without knowing how to write HTML or other code. By not having a program like this, you will be at a disadvantage because making a beautiful website design from scratch takes a lot of time and knowledge.
When you are designing a website, it is important to have proper spelling and grammar. In addition to running spell-check on your content, ask a friend or co-worker to proofread everything. Having good spelling and grammar on your website will help give it a professional feel and your visitor will be more likely to return.
A good resource where you can learn some insightful knowledge is a bookstore. You can go to a bookstore and read books that have information on HTML, Php, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver as these are some of the key things you need to learn when it comes to being a well-knowledgeable web designer.
Avoid using frames. Frames had them heyday, but there were not without issue. Frame designs make bookmarking difficult for your visitors, and it also makes scrolling a chore as well. It is simple to design your page so visitors can navigate through it.
Become familiar with photoshop as much as you can if you are just starting out with web design. You want to be as diverse with a lot of programs as possible and photoshop is crucial towards becoming a pro at web design. So learn this program and get ready for others as well.
Make sure all of your web pages actually have titles and make sure they are descriptive. A surprising number of web pages out there are called “untitled document” or “new document”. This not only denies visitors a useful piece of information to remember your site but also absolutely destroys your SEO, since search engines weight page titles heavily when ranking sites.
Photoshop is a program that is well-known, and most understand that they must become proficient with it to have the greatest success in web design. Fewer people are familiar with the program Dreamweaver, which can be just as useful.
Visitors will enjoy your website if they can navigate it easily. Links should be displayed where users will find them easily. Menus also lend to easy navigation. Post links that lead back to the homepage on each page of your website to make navigation easier for your users.
Stay in contact with friends who are knowledgeable about design programs like Dreamweaver or Photoshop to make sure that you don’t forget how to use them properly. You should ensure all the knowledge you have learned has been retained. You don’t want to be creating a website and get confused.
As stated at the beginning of this article, it is common for a person to have a web page, be it for business or pleasure. In order for their design to look great, they have to know what they are doing. Now that you have read the above article, you will have no problem with designing the website of your dreams!
On the net nowadays, there are many individuals who contract with themselves internet designers and internet structure firms. A number of people take action for enjoyment, being a passion or part-time. Web designers that structure full-time are probably the technique to go… Somebody that doe’s web layout of their part-time tends to never acquire it as being very seriously as being a person who can it for your residing. You will also find people who do internet layout, with no formal education. Be certain your website designer has some formal training from an identified faculty. Persons, who’re self-taught, even though I applaud them for executing it, have relied online on many of their advice, so when you realize facts on the internet is often inaccurate.
The internet styling enterprise you select for your job should have appropriate expertise. If you need these to style an e-commerce site, you ought to choose an internet designer who’s got e-commerce websites of these portfolios.
Your internet style firm should want to submit a proposal for your web page project as well as a deal. Watch out for companies who do not offer you a formal agreement. The agreement should outline just exactly what the website design company will perform and exactly how long it is going to just take, the entire world, understanding that you’ve got consented to produce. A formal contract is definitely the most beneficial strategy to avoid disagreements concerning the web designer so you. Ensure that your contract outlines just about every attainable dilemma that will transpire.
Types of Website
There are actually differing types of websites these kinds as static HTML (brochure form), e-commerce (that features a searching cart), database, Flash, and also a website using you’ve material administration technique. These must arrive at the viewpoint you’re now trying to find an online design business. For example, if you’re looking for only a completely interactive Flash website your superior is certain how the web layout enterprise you select has been doing numerous Flash internet sites. There exists a big difference between firms who are able to do Flash headers to get a standard HTML website and web designers who’ll create a whole flash web site. Your best bet when choosing a web-based design and style company may be to have a very confronting to discover meeting when discussing exactly what it is you need to acquire your online site appear to be, also some sketches and many addresses of internet sites that you just like. This offers the internet structure company the likelihood to totally realize what you’re looking for, with an improved opportunity to give you a precise proposal.
Things to Think
Does the world wide web structure firm have an update bundle? You should recognize that after your site is still produced; every now and then you are going to involve updates. Perhaps they will be little maybe not. When the website structure business you’re choosing does not have an update deal, it is advisable to inquire about the cost of updates just after the preliminary styling. You should go ahead and take the price of updates under consideration before you start out with the design method. Make certain the world wide web style corporation or world-wide-web development company you end up picking sets practical targets using the timeline. Typically when it sounds too excellent to generally be true then it’s. Many world-wide-web designers have their own particular model.
By way of example, my own style is cleansed and dazzling colors. Some world-wide-web style corporations love Flash and constantly build Flash websites. This may not be perfect if you’re searching for a very lookup motor pleasant website. You should even have to take into consideration assures. Does your potential internet style enterprise supply you with a warranty? Most internet style firms usually do not. So when you locate an individual that does, you might know that they sense incredibly confidence inside their abilities. One more examine think about is: Does the internet style firm screen a telephone number they may be contacted at. From time to time as being a client, you would like to talk with anyone, not only be given an answer to an e-mail the following day.
Look for a Design Company
There are a few strategies to discover web design and style organizations in your neighborhood. A method can be to research the world wide web for: “Vancouver world-wide-web page design” or “Sarasota Internet design”, definitely depending on the town nearest you. You might also search the Phone book for website structure providers. Most website style and design businesses that will afford to promote there have currently created reasonably go reputation and still have held it’s placed in business for a long time. Another option is to look up the online so when the thing is a web site you truly like, looks at for a link on the bottom from the page or having a contact web site.
- Adjust brush size. With the Brush Tool activated, rather than accessing the dropdown menu on top of the screen, press the best bracket key, ], to increase how big the brush along with the left bracket key, [, to decrease.
- Adjust brush hardness. Along with size, brush hardness frequently has to be adjusted. Holding shift + ] (right bracket key) increases the hardness with the brush while holding shift + [ (left bracket key) will reduce the hardness. Now you can maintain the brush tip where it belongs, in the heart of your image, instead of making frequent trips up to the properties bar.
- Copy to a new layer. Again, keep the pointer around the artboard. Duplicating a layer is actually pressing CTRL + J (PC) or Cmd + J (Mac). This will build a copy with the active layer within the layers palette. It will also copy an engaged selection onto a brand new layer, leaving the existing layer intact. Also, pressing CTRL+ Shift + J (PC) or Cmd + Shift + J (Mac) will cut the actual active selection from the active layer and paste it onto a brand new layer. If you name your entire layers, simply adding the ALT (PC) or Option (Mac) critical for either of such combinations will open the New Layer dialog box so you can name the new layer for the fly. You can also adjust the opacity and blend mode of the new layer right within the New Layer dialog box, saving you an additional vacation to the Layers Palette.
- Fill the layer or selection with color. Press CTRL + Backspace (PC) or Cmd + delete (Mac) to fill the layer with the present foreground color. Press ALT + Backspace (PC) or Option + delete (Mac) to fill the layer with the present background color. These same commands may also be used to fill some. Bonus: To change the foreground and background colors time for the default colors (black for your foreground and white for the background) simply press the D key.
- Undo. No need to look at the History palette. CTRL + Z (PC) or Cmd + Z (Mac) will undo a stride. Pressing this combination again will redo (or rather, enable you to get time prior to undoing). Need to go back further than the last step? Simply hold CTRL + Alt (PC) or Cmd + Option (Mac) and press Z. Every time you press the Z key, you are going to move backward one more step.
- The Hand Tool. Forget the scroll bars with the edges with the document window. To quickly navigate across the image, hold around the spacebar to temporarily activate the Hand Tool. Click and drag with all the Hand Tool to advance the document. To deactivate the Hand Tool, release the area bar.
- Favorite Tools. Learn the keyboard shortcuts to your favorite tools. For example B = Brush Tool, V = Move, J = Spot Healing Brush. As you become familiar with these, you may notice that teams of tools all share a similar shortcut key. For example, the Spot Healing Brush, the Healing Brush, the Patch Tool as well as the Red Eye Tool all share the identical shortcut key – the letter J. By pressing J, you’ll activate the last used tool in the group. To cycle, although other tools inside the group, hold Shift + the letter for that group of tools, along with the active tool will cycle to another tool within the group.
If you’re continually using a command that does not possess a keyboard shortcut, you can easily assign one. Go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. Find the command on the list and assign the true secret combination you desire to use. If you try to assign a previously used combination, Photoshop asks if you want to reassign that key combination. This dialog box is also a good spot to learn what keyboard shortcuts are allotted to all commands.
- Layer Opacity. To quickly change the opacity in the current layer, simply press a number key. Pressing 5 = 50% opacity, press 3 = 30%, etc. To narrow the opacity to some percentage more specific when compared to a multiple of 10, press both numbers quickly. For example, pressing 5, 5 in quick succession set the opacity to 55%. (To get returning to 100%, quickly press 1, 0, 0.) Please note, this shortcut won’t work if one with the tools inside the second group is active.
- Zoom in and out. To zoom into a graphic, press CTRL and + or Cmd and +, and also to zoom out press CTRL and – (PC) or Cmd and – (Mac).
- Scrubby sliders. Most settings in Photoshop give you a slider to adjust to your liking.
Click and drag on the name of the setting to activate the Scrubby Slider. Sliding to the left or right will adjust the setting value up or down without needing to open the slider. You will know that a Scrubby Slider can be acquired whenever your cursor turns into a little pointing finger with arrows left and right.
Unfortunately, there is not any shortcut once and for all, old fashioned practice, but once you’ve memorized these shortcuts, you will be on the right path to finishing projects in record time! As anybody who sells their stock photos knows, you need to get the maximum revenue in each and every way possible.
Create a quality, professional text header for your website with this technique.
Get your background and create a new text layer on top of it.
Duplicate this text layer (Layer >> Duplicate Layer)
Flip the new text layer vertically (Edit >> Transform >> Flip Vertically)
Place it right under the existing text layer and lower its opacity (42% is what I have)
Right click on the new layer and select “Rasterize Type” so that it is editable.
Now take your eraser (brush setting, 17 pixel diameter, 52% opacity worked for me) and erase through the bottom of your text a few times.
Tip: Hold shift and drag to make a straight eraser line.
Create a new layer and with your airbrush (soft, 13 pixel diameter ,100% opacity) draw a line right under your main text.
Lower the opacity of this layer (12% opacity was used here).